Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini Engine 2
How do you use the ramp settings and how if you want to angle your slider and motor sled is shocking in the moves.
(06-16-2016, 01:09 PM)johanvd Wrote: How do you use the ramp settings and how if you want to angle your slider and motor sled is shocking in the moves.

Ramping just accelerates the move for the given percentage of the total run time. So if you set up a 1 minute move with 50% ramp-in and 10% ramp-out then it will speed up for 30 seconds, then keep moving more or less constant and then slow down until full stop for the last 6 seconds.

What do you mean with this [...and how if you want to angle your slider and motor sled is shocking in the moves.]?

I guess you have angled you track and the motor is stuttering when moving the camera up that track? If so, you need to provide more current to the motor or use some kind of mechanical gear reduction for achieving more torque with the same current used (e.g. a worm drive or a lead screw).

Good luck,
Airic
(06-17-2016, 12:50 PM)Airic Lenz Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 01:09 PM)johanvd Wrote: How do you use the ramp settings and how if you want to angle your slider and motor sled is shocking in the moves.

Ramping just accelerates the move for the given percentage of the total run time. So if you set up a 1 minute move with 50% ramp-in and 10% ramp-out then it will speed up for 30 seconds, then keep moving more or less constant and then slow down until full stop for the last 6 seconds.

What do you mean with this [...and how if you want to angle your slider and motor sled is shocking in the moves.]?

I guess you have angled you track and the motor is stuttering when moving the camera up that track? If so, you need to provide more current to the motor or use some kind of mechanical gear reduction for achieving more torque with the same current used (e.g. a worm drive or a lead screw).

Good luck,
Airic

Airlic,

Thank you for you explanation this is what i want to know.
And yes the last part is what i mean and also already figured out to use a mechanical solution to get it right.

Thanks,

Johan
Is this a option to use instead of worm and gear?  http://www.omc-stepperonline.com/gear-ratio-511-planetary-gearbox-high-torque-nema-17-stepper-17hs191684spg51-p-44.html