Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenBuilds C-Beam Double Slidder
Just uploaded this to Thingiverse... works like a Edelkrone slider plus

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1561622

brief overview video... didn't have much time but I'll do a more detailed video and build video soon... at the end there is sample footage...
I'm using to miniEngine v2's to control the slider & pan&tilt head.

I have more to add to it... Each endplate has spots for 2 1/4 20 square nuts... I still need to design mounts for them so you can use this like a small standard slider... 

Right now its using a 3d printed planetary gearbox... I'm going to swap it out with a regular geared nema17... I can incline it about 20-30 degrees with the pan&tilt head when using it for time-lapses... video I have to keep it a little flatter... I'm hoping with a regular 27:1 geared stepper I can go full vertical...

the slider can be used without the motor just like Edelkrone and I'm designing a feature that will allow a video tripod head to be used and pan and tilt it without the motorized pan and tilt pictured...
Great system! Did you update to the latest update of the software? Please let me know if you find any problems with the daisy chaining. I changed some bigger things in the core of the code and would like to know if everything is still working as expected.

Thanks for sharing!
I pulled the code down a couple of months ago... I'll pull it down again and test it out... I just pulled the slider apart so I could redesign the belt tensioner... I should have it back together tomorrow and can re-test then...

On my first attempt I was running Pre6 on one of the units and Pre7 on the other... that didn't work very well... or at all... I updated them both to the same version and then things started working...

My workflow is that I Jog the motors to where I want the start, select Start and then jog to end and select end. It would be very cool if I could do it all from the Master unit when two or more are linked... the other thing I thought would be nice is the ability to change the motor labels from Motor to something else... like pan, tilt, slide, rotate, zoom, focus, etc...

BTW... thanks... been using your controllers for years and they're awesome...
I still need to pull down the new code but while I was making some changes I went and created a build video

So I updated the project on thingiverse... tested using a 27:1 stepper and I can get full vertical movements... when you consider the design requires lifting the entire slider thats pretty impressive in my books...

to run the geared stepper I needed to modify the motor mount as the geared stepper has a shorter shaft... I also added a 8mm herringbone gear and adapter to mount everything...
(04-29-2016, 07:19 PM)auggie246 Wrote: I have a fujifilm X-t1, due to it's build material, it's quite heavy

(05-16-2016, 09:58 AM)Airic Lenz Wrote: Great system! Did you update to the latest update of the software? Please let me know if you find any problems with the daisy chaining. I changed some bigger things in the core of the code and would like to know if everything is still working as expected.

Thanks for sharing!

Just updated to Pre 8 and so far so good both units work... so this panorama mode that I see now Smile I'm assuming pre 8 is just a starting point as there's now place to configure it that I saw yet...
Panorama mode is fully working if you are talking about that. You use Jogging to move the motors to their start- and end position and register them accordingly. The rest is just pressing the start button.
/Airic
(05-23-2016, 10:04 AM)Airic Lenz Wrote: Panorama mode is fully working if you are talking about that. You use Jogging to move the motors to their start- and end position and register them accordingly. The rest is just pressing the start button.
/Airic

ah... ok... I didn't look to far into it after just seeing it... thanks...