Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pan & tilt head
[Image: a4db5d237a002c820fcafcf3d396d374_display_large.jpg]

Just finished my first version... printing the second half now (updated image with both completed units)... I designed it so a standard nema17 motor can be installed... it holds with friction but I'll probably add a bracket to hold it in-place... The motor can be mounted on either-side of the drive plate...

The printed version I have in the photo has been updated... I relocated a couple of the spacers, fixed a couple of issues and made the nut pockets deeper so nyloc nuts can be used... Once I finish printing the second one I'll create an instructables and youtube video for the assembly... Just waiting for the arduino shields to come back in stock...

I'm going to redesign the L-Bracket so the lens moves on the nodal... I think I'm also going to design a version that uses 15mm rod...

Here's the thingaverse things for them... I have them listed as works-in-progress as I'm still making changes...

Rotator
L-Bracket
Very nice project, it looks very well! Have you use any bearings.
Am making it one bay myself but out of carbon and I have use worm drive with nema11,.. try to get it lightweight,.. all see how it goes.
(03-20-2016, 12:09 AM)symon Wrote: Very nice project, it looks very well! Have you use any bearings.
Am making it one bay myself but out of carbon and I have use worm drive with nema11,.. try to get it lightweight,.. all see how it goes.

there are four 608 inline skate bearings in this version plus a 5070 thrust bearing. I'm planning to swap out two of the 608 with some 610 is the motor shaft fits into a printed 8mm shaft and I think it really should be 10mm...

this isn't lightweight... but being plastic its not heavy either...
My miniEngine came in this week... first tests with the rotator

Can the L-Bracket mount any medium size camera?
(04-29-2016, 08:31 AM)auggie246 Wrote: Can the L-Bracket mount any medium size camera?

define medium size camera... the a77 is pretty heavy...but if I move the camera to the end of the bracket instead of horizontally rotating on the lens nodal it does stall out... doing that the weight is very cantilevered but I was doing it as a stress test... rotating on the nodal would be more normal operations...
I have a fujifilm X-t1, due to it's build material, it's quite heavy
the sony a77 w/ a 18-50 2.8 weighs almost 3 pounds so I think you'll be fine...