Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem with big easy drive
Hi. Airic i put to gather my miniEngine 2. the display and the buttons are all working fine but the stepper is not running. connected a regular easydrive to the miniEngine and all functions work fine(including the stepper), also checked if the problem is with the big easydrive by connecting it to a uno and ran a basic stepper sketch and it worked fine! i also tried with a new big easydrive( with the miniEngine ) on a bread board it still did not work
(02-29-2016, 09:31 PM)Arthur Wrote: Hi. Airic i put to gather my miniEngine 2. the display and the buttons are all working fine but the stepper is not running. connected a regular easydrive to the miniEngine and all functions work fine(including the stepper), also checked if the problem is with the big easydrive by connecting it to a uno and ran a basic stepper sketch and it worked fine! i also tried with a new big easydrive( with the miniEngine ) on a bread board it still did not work

Does the motor power up (hard to turn) and are the Big EasyDrivers LEDs on?
Can you make sure that the BED board is correctly connected to the main board?
Can you please also send you motor settings (calibration, max speed, ...)?
Ya the motor powers up and the driver board led lights up. I checked all the connection and soldering (also tried connecting a new big easy directly by putting it on a breadboard) , and the calibration is at the default. But the thing is if i connect the small easy drive the motor works propyl(checked in the jog mode ) and it's not the problem with the big easy cause i checked it with a uno and the motor spins ! This is driving me mad! Could it be cause the due is 3.3 v logic?
(03-02-2016, 04:47 PM)Arthur Wrote: Ya the motor powers up and the driver board led lights up. I checked all the connection and soldering (also tried connecting a new big easy directly by putting it on a breadboard) , and the calibration is at the default. But the thing is if i connect the small easy drive the motor works propyl(checked in the jog mode ) and it's not the problem with the big easy cause i checked it with a uno and the motor spins ! This is driving me mad! Could it be cause the due is 3.3 v logic?

Hey, have you check the resistor and capacitor position,.. compare your board with picture. Mine had the capacitor soldered on STEP line, and the resistor was on the place where should be the cap. They are located over the pads where is the printing for VCC and GND 
I had re-solder those two and now work perfect.
I got them from e-bay from two different sellers and they were both defected.

Hope I help you Arthur!
Simon
Hallo Athur,

Ich hatte 5 Big easy driver aus China und einem in Deutschland ansässigen Anbieter über ebay die Treiber gekauft und alle hatten den gleichen Fehler. Der Motor wurde angesprochen, hat aber keine Schritte ausgeführt.
Mit dem Wechsel durch original "Sparfun Big easy driver" läuft mein systen nun so wie es soll!

von Metz