Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power saving mode in S-M-S
Is there a saving mode in the software which allows the motor to be turned off between the pauses of moviments in shoot-move-shot mode? I have a worm/gear reduction which holds the camera pretty well while the system is static. There is no need to send power to the motor in these situations (while not moving) and could save tons of batteries in the field.

If the software allows this, is it the standard mode already, or do I have to change anything in the options?

I am new to this project and sorry if this has been answered somewhere.

Thanks!
(08-01-2015, 05:56 PM)alfas Wrote: Is there a saving mode in the software which allows the motor to be turned off between the pauses of moviments in shoot-move-shot mode? I have a worm/gear reduction which holds the camera pretty well while the system is static. There is no need to send power to the motor in these situations (while not moving) and could save tons of batteries in the field.

If the software allows this, is it the standard mode already, or do I have to change anything in the options?

I am new to this project and sorry if this has been answered somewhere.

Thanks!

Yes, it is called "keep powered" in the motor menu. Set this to false and the motor will turn off between the moves.
/Airic