Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
miniEngine v2 motor and shutter problems
(06-09-2015, 03:45 PM)tempscron Wrote: I just tested with version2 beta 6 and the problem remains the same.

my battery is a turnigy 3000mah 30-40c discharge

Ok, it is not the battery. What happens if you add some ramping to the move (e.g. 10%)?
It might be that you found a bug.
/Airic 
(06-09-2015, 09:03 PM)Airic Lenz Wrote:
(06-09-2015, 03:45 PM)tempscron Wrote: I just tested with version2 beta 6 and the problem remains the same.

my battery is a turnigy 3000mah 30-40c discharge

Ok, it is not the battery. What happens if you add some ramping to the move (e.g. 10%)?
It might be that you found a bug.
/Airic 

Hi guys..I had exactly the same issue as seen in your short video during the testing of my engine, I managed to resolve the issue by adjusting the small potentiometer on the BED board, though am unable to recall which way? Just remember to use a very small plastic tipped screwdriver to avoid damaging the potentiometer & make very small adjustments. I hope this helps towards finding a solution.

Darrell
thanks guys, I'll test tomorrow, today I am having a very busy day.
Hi all,

Same problem here after building a new slider with another motor. The first few centimeters of movement it seemed normal. And after that the "wagon" pulsed or stalled at an intermediate of once a second. This was with the 2.07 build. The other stepper setup was with a panning mechanism and didn't behave like this...?
But after adjusting the small potentiometer at the BED the behaviour was normal again.

Cheers,

Patrick
yes, it's great now!
I had a lot of amperage going into the engine.
Thank you all for your help Smile
(06-12-2015, 12:01 PM)tempscron Wrote: yes, it's great now!
I had a lot of amperage going into the engine.
Thank you all for your help Smile

Nice! Great to hear that the issue is fixed! I never saw such behaviour on over-current but now I know  Idea
Cheers!