Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turning off on Big Easy Driver
Hi,

I’m using my miniE with to BEDs. I was thinking about an opportunity to turn off one Big Easy Driver if I just need one, to save power. Is there a chance to do this or is it enough to set the other motor to no rotation on the display where I configure the information for the timelapse? And if I do so how high is the power consumption of the not used BED?

Regards,

Chris
If you set the settings for the motor you want to turn off to this:

Keep powered = off
Motor sleep = on

...and don't define any distance to be moved, then the motor will be turned off all the time. Is this not working?

/Airic
Hi Airic,

thanks for the answer. Yes this is working, But I thought because the LED on the BED lights up the BED also needs energy, or is the required energy so small that it can be neglected?

Chris
(05-07-2015, 12:29 PM)Wire14 Wrote: Hi Airic,

thanks for the answer. Yes this is working, But I thought because the LED on the BED lights up the BED also needs energy, or is the required energy so small that it can be neglected?

Chris

The driver chip itself should be turned off. If the motor can be rotated freely, then this is indeed the case.
Just the LED will not take much, just about 0.01A versus 1.5A up to 2A that the enabled driver chip would consume.

/Airic
Oh ok that's all I want to know. Thank you very much

Regards
Chris