Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compilation error - malloc.h missing
Hi All,

having finished all the soldering ive tried to upload the minie v2 code but get the error message below.  I originally thought it might have been my pc and then tried on my win 7 pro tablet but get exactly the same message.  Any clues?

Ive copied the library files to the right location and extracted the minie code files to the arduino folder.

Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"

In file included from miniEngine2.ino:40:0:

C:\Users\tablet\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DueTimer/DueTimer.h:95:3: error: #error Oops! Trying to include DueTimer on another device?

#error Oops! Trying to include DueTimer on another device?

^

miniEngine2.ino:46:20: fatal error: malloc.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.
Also, just to add (and i think this could be the answer), I'm using v 1.6.3 of the Arduino software, but cannot see where tp select the DUE board from Tools > Board > menu as it isnt listed!
Right, ok, I'm talking to myself on a forum but with any luck anyone else with the same problem might be helped by this...

within the Tools > Boards menu there is a Board Management option. Within this there is the option to install some software for the Due boards. I'm trying it and will post if it works.
Its LIVES!

Installing the Due board enabled me to select the programming port of the Due. Its compiled and working (after changing the display line for the white screen issue).

Airic - if you see this it might be worth adding these 2 steps to the pdf documentation? I'm not sure if its the more recent versions of the Arduino program that this is required for, or everyone knows you have to do this and i didn't due to being a but of a programming novice? ha ha.
(05-02-2015, 10:17 PM)shiltonphoto Wrote: Its LIVES!

Installing the Due board enabled me to select the programming port of the Due.  Its compiled and working (after changing the display line for the white screen issue).

Airic - if you see this it might be worth adding these 2 steps to the pdf documentation?  I'm not sure if its the more recent versions of the Arduino program that this is required for, or everyone knows you have to do this and i didn't due to being a but of a programming novice? ha ha.

Hej & thanks! I'll add it to the documentation!
Airic
Hello! Very interesting topic, thank you raised it
sprint customer service live person
It's good that there are such forums! Thanks to them, I learn a lot of new things!
green dot customer service