Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is a limit switch and how does it work?
Hello everyone!

I have been posting here so much (sorry for that, I am really really new in electronics, working on Airic's great work for my semester project). I have a question about limit switches. Yes I have read the documentation but still have some questions. What is limit switch for? How do you connect limit switch to the system? Where should wires go or how everything with limit switches works? I am sorry for being non specific in questioning but I just want to understand the whole picture of how limit switches work, where are they connected, how are they connected and everything?

Thank you all! Smile
Well, it seems you did not read the complete documentation because there is a picture that shows exactly where and how they are connected Wink :

The are simple switches that stop the motor when it reaches the end of the track. They limit the distance the motor can move. Because there are 2 ends, you have two limit switches.
This is a switch that can be used as a limit switch:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/jv/d/d8/Spdt_limit_switch.jpg

I hope that helps!
Airic
(03-14-2015, 04:54 PM)Airic Lenz Wrote: Well, it seems you did not read the complete documentation because there is a picture that shows exactly where and how they are connected Wink :

The are simple switches that stop the motor when it reaches the end of the track. They limit the distance the motor can move. Because there are 2 ends, you have two limit switches.
This is a switch that can be used as a limit switch:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/jv/d/d8/Spdt_limit_switch.jpg

I hope that helps!
Airic

Nice! So the limit switches are placed in both ends of dolly and whenever plate with camera reaches the end, it clicks the limit switch (which is connected to miniEngine using wires) and the engine stops, right? Sorry for asking too many dumb questions. Just making sure.
Thank you.
Yes, that's how it works.
Airic
I would like to read about it anymore. Prompt, what literature to study?
sprint customer service live person
Thank you very much helped, for a long time I was looking for the answer to this question.
bitpim alternative