Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
miniE for Nikon
Hello everyone! I have a question regarding settings of miniE v1.1 for Nikon cameras, precisely for Nikon D3200? Has anyone used miniE on Nikon and did it work? What settings did you guys use? Mine didn't work but the problem might be the hardware part so I was seeing if Nikon is compatible at all?
Thank you! Smile
Yes it is. I use Nikon and Sony.

(03-11-2015, 09:36 PM)TokTok Wrote: Yes it is. I use Nikon and Sony.

good news! Big Grin if you dont mins sharing, what settings did you use or how did you connect your nikon? I would really appreciate. Thanks.
I use this one
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004KIUUYY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00
Read cerefully site 7 and 8 of the airic lenz miniE docu.

I also always use manuel mode on the camera

For Nikons you need to make sure you set (under Camera options) 'Focus Behaviour' to 'High with Shutter'. In other words, the focus connection has to be on/active at the same time as the shutter is triggered. Otherwise, the shutter won't work despite the shutter signal being sent. That's the most likely reason if you otherwise think you have it connected ok.

HTH.
(03-11-2015, 11:57 PM)TokTok Wrote: I use this one
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004KIUUYY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00
Read cerefully site 7 and 8 of the airic lenz miniE docu.

I also always use manuel mode on the camera

Okay, I will try to look at documentation and put things together. Thank you very much! Smile 
(03-12-2015, 01:00 AM)RichardB Wrote: For Nikons you need to make sure you set (under Camera options) 'Focus Behaviour' to 'High with Shutter'.  In other words, the focus connection has to be on/active at the same time as the shutter is triggered.  Otherwise, the shutter won't work despite the shutter signal being sent.  That's the most likely reason if you otherwise think you have it connected ok.

HTH.

Hmm. I will try to do that sooner. Hopefully, my I haven't damaged optocoupler when I forgot to cut off my resistors legs. Thank you very much! Smile
Saw the (potential) problem on the other post! It is worth the above test first, you may well have got away with it. If you are not certain about the soldering and optocouplers you can test the shutter trigger plug with a multimeter. You will need to use the continuity tester because the optocoupler should just be shorting the connection across the camera plug (in this case the camera is actually supplying the voltage to the plug and it's the socket shorted by the optocoupler). It's pretty difficult to use the multimeter directly onto the socket so get another stereo (or 'TRS')2.5mm solderable plug, take off the back and use the multimeter on the plug's solderable tabs. The sleeve (S) is camera ground, tip (T) is shutter and the ring ® is focus. So testing continuity across S&T or S&R with the programme running will tell you if you have the connections working. Good luck.
(03-13-2015, 12:37 AM)RichardB Wrote: Saw the (potential) problem on the other post!  It is worth the above test first, you may well have got away with it.  If you are not certain about the soldering and optocouplers you can test the shutter trigger plug with a multimeter.  You will need to use the continuity tester because the optocoupler should just be shorting the connection across the camera plug (in this case the camera is actually supplying the voltage to the plug and it's the socket shorted by the optocoupler).  It's pretty difficult to use the multimeter directly onto the socket so get another stereo (or 'TRS')2.5mm solderable plug, take off the back and use the multimeter on the plug's solderable tabs.  The sleeve (S) is camera ground, tip (T) is shutter and the ring ® is focus.  So testing continuity across S&T or S&R with the programme running will tell you if you have the connections working.  Good luck.

Wow. Instructions are really good, thank you. I will try to see if that works. This is for school project so I am a very newbie in electronics and everything like this. Appreciate it! Thanks.
Smile This is a great project to learn on.  Good luck with the troubleshooting.  Take it steady, change and check one thing at a time. There is lots of info around the web on all this too.