Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Saving Settings
Did you try another card than the one 4GB you have tested?
Yes, Tried a 8gb card and a 32gb card, still nothing.
any thoughts on what I could try to troubleshoot this problem? Points on the boards that I can test? Any way to figure out if the card is being seen by the Arduino?
(06-24-2015, 04:42 AM)bendiger Wrote: any thoughts on what I could try to troubleshoot this problem? Points on the boards that I can test? Any way to figure out if the card is being seen by the Arduino?

I see no other fault left than some kind of a hardware issue. You wrote that you checked the continuity from the Arduino's SPI header (the one in the middle of the board) to the display. Can you check that again with the assembled shield and display? Just remove the BED-bard for getting access to the SPI header - solder points on the bottom of the Arduino.

Then you can check if there is continuity from the Arduino all the way to the display. This should help you with pin-identification: 
https://github.com/airiclenz/miniEngine2/blob/master/Hardware/miniE%20shield%20v2%20revD%20-%20schematic.pdf

Thanks, I'll see what I can find out with that. Hopefully it's just a bad solder joint.. I'll let you know what I find out.
Ok, turns out my TFT screen is bad in some way. I was able to test another screen on the unit and it worked great. Thanks for the help, I'm going to order a new screen. Just a heads up, with I tested the other screen, I had the white screen issue. Off topic sorry.