Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Screen Issue - post latest version
Hello Mordrapheus,

the soldering looks very good (actually one of the cleanest I saw to date). So I don't thing this is the issue. I do slowly get the feeling that ITEAD simply produces their displays with whatever driver chips are available at the very moment without updating the documentation or notifying the customers. This is ridiculous in my eyes.

There is a list of supported displays in the UTFT library documentation. Maybe one of these display types works:

Code:
S6D1121_16
ILI9325D_16
ILI9325D_16ALT

Please contact them (via the technical support) and ask how you can use the display (example code!). Give them your order number so that they know what display you received. 
Unfortunately I cannot do anything else...

Cheers,
Airic
(03-09-2015, 05:17 PM)Airic Lenz Wrote: Hello Mordrapheus,

the soldering looks very good (actually one of the cleanest I saw to date). So I don't thing this is the issue. I do slowly get the feeling that ITEAD simply produces their displays with whatever driver chips are available at the very moment without updating the documentation or notifying the customers. This is ridiculous in my eyes.

There is a list of supported displays in the UTFT library documentation. Maybe one of these display types works:

Code:
S6D1121_16
ILI9325D_16
ILI9325D_16ALT

Please contact them (via the technical support) and ask how you can use the display (example code!). Give them your order number so that they know what display you received. 
Unfortunately I cannot do anything else...

Cheers,
Airic

Thank you again Airic for your amazing help, and complement.

I will try these other display codes and see if any of them work.  As well as reach out to the company and see what they say.

thanks
Hi Airic,

Still struggling with the display issue. Tech Support was less than helpful. I did order a new screen to see if that might solve the issue but still having the same trouble.

Any idea what I can try next? Should I reheat and resolder all the solder points?

thanks for you help
(05-16-2015, 06:43 PM)Mordrapheus Wrote: Hi Airic,

Still struggling with the display issue.  Tech Support was less than helpful.  I did order a new screen to see if that might solve the issue but still having the same trouble.

Any idea what I can try next?  Should I reheat and resolder all the solder points?

thanks for you help

Yes, it could still be a sold solder joint or a short somewhere. Let me know if the new display is not working as well!

Good luck!
Airic
Hi Airic
i do have 2x miniEv2. Both did run Arduino Due but by accident i did burn one, So i did order replacement but only clone. Board works fine the only problem is that i can't see anything. I have white screen. If i put the same screen on the Arduino board everything works fine. If i install same screen back to the clone board - nothing. But i can run the motors even i can't see nothing since i know how the menu works and how to make selection. I did try both screen selection in the code. Any idea what could be the problem. Here is the board i did get.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121547547454?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
(06-02-2015, 08:02 AM)diego21 Wrote: Hi Airic
i do have 2x miniEv2. Both did run Arduino Due but by accident i did burn one, So i did order replacement but only clone. Board works fine the only problem is that i can't see anything. I have white screen. If i put the same screen on the Arduino board everything works fine. If i install same screen back to the clone board - nothing. But i can run the motors even i can't see nothing since i know how the menu works and how to make selection. I did try both screen selection in the code. Any idea what could be the problem. Here is the board i did get.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121547547454?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sorry to hear that - as it seems to be a problem with the Arduino clone I don't think you can fix it with changing the display type Wink
It should work with the code that is running on the original Arduino. I have no idea what the problem could be though!

/Airic
I got the white screen just for minutes.
What i did was:
mounting the screen on and off, switched between 8 and 16 bit while minie was running.
And the problem disapeared..
So i guess it was some kind of contact issue.
My soldering os always very solid, use little more temp for that. Most components stand that.

btw i use the same arduino board from saintsmart.

(06-02-2015, 08:02 AM)diego21 Wrote: Hi Airic

Yes, seems that the SainSmart DUE clones are not working properly... There must be a hardware difference to the genuine ones.
/Airic 
Just an update. I am also using an Arduino clone and it worked for me after trying what Tok Tok suggested.

I was having the same white screen issue. I have changed both parts to include the newer display type

Code:
#define DISPLAY_TYPE TFT01_24_16

and

Code:
// Display:
UTFT tft(TFT01_24_16, PIN_TFT_RS,
     PIN_TFT_WR,
     PIN_TFT_CS,
     PIN_TFT_RST);

But it continued showing white screen. I removed the power to turn it off and changed the screen to 8-bit. I have plugged the power on and the white screen continued. I removed the power and then changed the screen to 16-bit again. When I plugged the power on again, it worked normally.

Now everytime when I turn off and then turn on, the screen turns white again. So I re-do the 8-bit / 16-bit procedure and it starts normally. I don't know why this happens.
ok i also have same issue my display lights up but there is nothing on screen and then i play around with buttons and the screen goes off and then doesnt comes on 
Please suggest what I should do