Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enclosure Gallery
I'd like to propose a thread dedicated to enclosures. I have yet to finish an enclosure myself, but I think that the community could really benefit from real life examples and it might be a fun way to show of your work.

So if you have made an enclosure that you are proud of or want to get feedback on your ideas for tucking your awesome device into a safe place, please post a link to a photo of your enclosure and tell us what you want about it; materials, tools used, cost, future plans, process, etc.

::::I don't know if posting photos is allowed, so linking to your social media (flickr, instagram, Facebook, etc) is probably best::::
After a lot of careful planning and getting lucky with sourcing materials, here is my first completed enclosure. Note that the clever design is adaptive to other projects as well due to the internal plastic technology which I am utilizing here. The plastic bit of the enclosure is removable to act as a rain protector for the device. I am also proud to claim that this enclosure is made from 100% recycled materials and is making the world a better place for all of us to live in. If anyone is interested in recreating my design, let me know and I will send you the directions as well as the BOM so you can source your own.

Ok then, here is mine  Tongue 

[Image: miniE_case_assembly_steps.jpg]

[Image: miniE_case_3D.jpg]

/Airic
So here is my enclosure. If you like you can buy it from here: shop.epsh.de

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Acrylic enclosures for the Mini Engine V1 and V2. 
Please visit shop.epsh.de

And for more information please visit www.epsh.de
may I ask for a sketch or picture box Acrylic minie v1 in the form of pdf files.

I need to box my minie 1.

thank you

eddy hasby
I'm happy that Airic has listed Saschas' in his shop! This is sort of the thing I was hoping would happen. Opening up the shop to extremely useful resources made by the community to enhance the brilliant product that Airic has started. I think your design is great Sascha! I would also be excited to see Airic's design for sell too.

Good work gentlemen!

- Jordan
Thanks very much Jordan, nice to hear that ;-)

@Eddy i will think about that, but the thing is that i only designed it in an CAM Programm. Maybe i find a way to convert this to something readable for everybody.

I’ve designed a box MiniE V1, along with MiniE V2 box, but I doubt the level of precision LCD and button holes.

MiniE V 1 has 6 buttons, makes me doubt about the level of precision between holes.

Maybe it could help me with a template pdf or jpg cover the front LCD with button holes.

Thanks,
eddy hasby

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

here is the encloser I first build by myself out of wood. 

It was ok, but not that nice. Than I saw the encloser from Sasha and I wanted to have it. Wink

With the help of Sascha, thanks for that, I modified the BED-Board so that the Big Easy Drivers are stackble. So it's way easier to change one if it is broken. I like that it is transparent, so I can alway see what I have done with my own hands Big Grin

If anybody is interested this is the link to his Shop. And no, I do not get a commission, but I think that good work should be appreciated Wink

Regards Chris
Well done Chris, it looks like designed ;-)