Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step by step software instalation for mac
Hi
Has anyone got the software installation documentation for the miniEngine. I do not see the software documentation on the website.

Thank you
I've very recently installed everything onto a Mac and got it working. It can all be accessed from the documentation link on the website. Has the documentation and the source code for upload into the Arduino IDE (which you have to get from the Arduino website).
Hi
Thanks for your reply. My ide works perfect. With arduino and the example files. But the miniEngine does not want to compile.
It gives an error and I do not know what to do with the errors.
Where do I put the miniEngine files on my mac? And what files do I put there? Please can you do a screen capture of your directory structure showing this please

Thank you
PM sent with details.
did as you said but stil get this error:
Arduino: 1.6.0 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Using library Wire in folder: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/libraries/Wire
Using library LiquidCrystal in folder: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/LiquidCrystal
Using library EEPROM in folder: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/libraries/EEPROM
Using library rtclib in folder: /Users/andremelcher/Documents/Arduino/libraries/rtclib (legacy)

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10600 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/variants/standard -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/libraries/Wire -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/LiquidCrystal/src -I/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/libraries/EEPROM -I/Users/andremelcher/Documents/Arduino/libraries/rtclib /var/folders/ks/gddnw3bn1xg4q5fm7cg4f2hw0000gn/T/build1211612284774669479.tmp/miniE.cpp -o /var/folders/ks/gddnw3bn1xg4q5fm7cg4f2hw0000gn/T/build1211612284774669479.tmp/miniE.cpp.o
miniE.ino:255:1: error: 'prog_char' does not name a type
miniE.ino:256:1: error: 'prog_char' does not name a type
miniE.ino:257:1: error: 'prog_char' does not name a type
miniE.ino:258:1: error: 'prog_char' does not name a type
miniE.ino:259:1: error: 'prog_char' does not name a type
miniE.ino:260:1: error: 'prog_char' does not name a type
miniE.ino:261:1: error: 'prog_char' does not name a type
miniE.ino:262:1: error: 'prog_char' does not name a type

i did not put them all here but they look the same
Error compiling.
Hello,

did you install the RTC library on your machine and did you set the board to „Arduino UNO“ in your SDK?

/Airic
Airic,
I have tried everything g and still it does not compile your code?
Is it possible to zip the Arduino folder for me please. I am now really at my wits end.
Surely it can not be that difficult?
I am under the impression that this system is full of faults. ?

Please help me.
Thanks Andre
(02-21-2015, 09:44 PM)melchead Wrote: Airic,
I have tried everything g and still it does not compile your code?
Is it possible to zip the Arduino folder for me please. I am now really at my wits end.
Surely it can not be that difficult?
I am under the impression that this system is full of faults. ?

Please help me.
Thanks Andre

Can you please try it with an older version? The 1.0.6 should work fine:

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases

Edit: I just checked the new 1.6.0 version and I receive the same compile error. Please try the old one - this should fix it for the moment.

Let me know if it worked.
Airic
Hi Airic
It almost compiled except for this error:

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.6 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Uno"
miniE.cpp.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
/Applications/miniE.ino:219: undefined reference to `DateTime:Big GrinateTime(long)'
/Applications/miniE.ino:459: undefined reference to `DateTime:Big GrinateTime(long)'
miniE.cpp.o: In function `check_programFuture()':
/Applications/mE_program.ino:58: undefined reference to `DateTime::get() const'
/Applications/mE_program.ino:58: undefined reference to `DateTime::get() const'
miniE.cpp.o: In function `paint_status_program_time()':
/Applications/mE_ui_content.ino:1350: undefined reference to `DateTime::get() const'
/Applications/mE_ui_content.ino:1374: undefined reference to `DateTime:Big GrinateTime(long)'
/Applications/mE_ui_content.ino:1377: undefined reference to `DateTime:Big GrinateTime(long)'
/Applications/mE_ui_content.ino:1380: undefined reference to `DateTime:Big GrinateTime(long)'
/Applications/mE_ui_content.ino:1383: undefined reference to `DateTime:Big GrinateTime(long)'
/Applications/mE_ui_content.ino:1386: undefined reference to `DateTime:Big GrinateTime(long)'
miniE.cpp.o: In function `paint_status_time()':
/Applications/mE_ui_content.ino:1240: undefined reference to `DateTime::get() const'
/Applications/mE_ui_content.ino:1240: undefined reference to `DateTime:Big GrinateTime(long)'
/Applications/mE_ui_content.ino:1261: undefined reference to `RTC_DS1307::adjust(DateTime const&)'
miniE.cpp.o: In function `add_newProgram()':
/Applications/mE_program.ino:88: undefined reference to `RTC_DS1307::now()'
miniE.cpp.o: In function `check_programs()':
/Applications/mE_program.ino:183: undefined reference to `DateTime::dayOfWeek() const'
miniE.cpp.o: In function `load_config()':
/Applications/mE_eeprom.ino:341: undefined reference to `DateTime:Big GrinateTime(long)'
miniE.cpp.o: In function `write_config()':
/Applications/mE_eeprom.ino:257: undefined reference to `DateTime::get() const'
miniE.cpp.o: In function `loop':
/Applications/miniE.ino:774: undefined reference to `RTC_DS1307::now()'