Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
emotimo inspired head
Hi All,

This is my head with which I've been working for some time already. As I like the compact idea of Emotimo TB3, it kills me with the price. I decided to build my own - cheeper ;-))

I failed with first approach as the programming arduino overwhelmed me a little (I feel more comfy with crafting, not programming). After a while of searching I've found miniEngine and immediately decided to get rid of entrails in my box and switch to this solution.

Here is the result:

Head is working great and now I'm missing only the weather to go testing outside.

Greets

Kazik
Wow, great job!!!
Great work. I like it.
What about stability of those gears if you put a big camera with lens on top?
Would it be stable for maybe long time exposure?

Great craftsmanship...

Gears are lame I know. I think to change them into something more professional. Maybe you guys know where to buy some good gears, but not so expensive as sold by SDP/SI?

Cheers

Kazik
I like it - Thanks for sharing! Maybe we'll see a lapse on your channel later when the weather got better Wink

/Airic
(02-13-2015, 07:33 PM)Airic Lenz Wrote: I like it - Thanks for sharing! Maybe we'll see a lapse on your channel later when the weather got better Wink

/Airic

So here is just completed example:

Greets

Kazik
Looks great...
I will think about a complete design when the MiniE V3 is avialable Wink
The gears are allways the problem. I have some Ondrives for my pan and tilt head, but the are very expensive.
Wow! That is super cool! What controller are you using and do you have a link to a source for where to buy the Wii controller Smile
(03-26-2015, 07:52 PM)ajmonkey Wrote: Wow! That is super cool! What controller are you using and do you have a link to a source for where to buy the Wii controller Smile

Controller is offcourse miniEngine v2. Re to the wii nunchuck, you can buy it for cheap on ebay e.g. >link<. In my project only housing from the nunchuck remains. I replaced the joystick with the rotary knob to make it compatible with miniEngine. 

I see that Airic is working right now on the implementation of the wii nunchuck so in the future it will be even easier.

Greets

Kazik 
And another example from the last days:

And Airic I have a question. As you can see there are small pace issues in the video. It is going faster, than slows down and faster again. I wonder what might be the reason. Is it some kind of a current issue on the driver, or maybe some ramping regulation? What do you think?