Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"ext in", synchronise the MiniE V2 with an external intervallometer
A question again, before starting a V2 project.
Is it possible to use some external informations to synchronise the MiniE V2 with an external intervallometer, since I would like to use the bulb ramping fonction of a device (Promote control, Timelapse+, Triggertrap, Michron...).
That kind of sketch : Intervallometer---->Camera----->MiniE
If I understood correctly I think it is possible to fetch the information "shutter closed" from the PC plug (flash plug) of your camera to one of the "ext" plug of the MX2 to "impulse" a cycle of your MX2.
Is it the same with the MiniE ?
Does that need to make some code change ?
Thank you
There :
https://www.facebook.com/DynPerception/posts/227388097365245
(01-13-2015, 03:24 PM)24images Wrote: There :
https://www.facebook.com/DynPerception/posts/227388097365245

Do you want to read the information out of the miniEngine or have the miniEngine be synchonized by an external input?

The first one would be very easy to realize.
Lightbulb 
Hi there,

I also would be interested in an external trigger to move one or both motors after the camera takes a picture.
At first,when I build the miniEngineV2 recently, I thought it was possible using the external trigger. But it starts the whole sequence (stops it or triggers the camera) dependantly how you set it up. Altough this works perfect in some situations !!

It would also be cool to use an external input for triggering a move. I use the internal intervalometer of my cam sometimes for 'static' timelapses, 5DmarkII with MagicLantern.

This way I would like to interface the (flash) output when the camera has taken a picture to an input of the MiniEngineV2 and let it perform a move to the next step. After the move it should wait for the next signal from the camera.

Too bad I'm a real novice in programming.. I realize now  maybe I had to post this in the "future requests" , sorry Blush .

Thanks Airic for your great work sofar in developing the MiniEngineV2 !

Greetings Patrick
Hello,
Yes : I would like to have the miniEngine be synchonized by an external input.
Do you think that would be also possible with MiniE V1 ?
Since my programming skills are none I don't see any other way so far to shoot whith a bulb ramping fonction.

Thanks a lot
(01-16-2015, 08:44 AM)24images Wrote: Hello,
Yes : I would like to have the miniEngine be synchonized by an external input.
Do you think that would be also possible with MiniE V1 ?
Since my programming skills are none I don't see any other way so far to shoot whith a bulb ramping fonction.

Thanks a lot

Sure this would be possible (but bot with the miniEngine v1 as its flash memory is full). I will add the new trigger mode (external trigger for triggering single SMS cycles) onto the TODO list.

Cheers,
Airic
I'm not sure how this was implemented... The main advantage for my use case would be exposure bracketing. Since something like a trigger trap, only has a single output, it adds some complexity.

The SM sequence looks more like : 3 bracketed shots, move... So the external trigger in would need to have either a counter, or a timer to ignore the extra bracketed shots.
(11-01-2015, 08:03 PM)Kynyc1 Wrote: I'm not sure how this was implemented... The main advantage for my use case would be exposure bracketing. Since something like a trigger trap, only has a single output, it adds some complexity.

The SM sequence looks more like :  3 bracketed shots, move... So the external trigger in would need to have either a counter, or a timer to ignore the extra bracketed shots.

I guess you could realize exposure bracketing already with both miniEngines. The trick would be to do the bracketing in-camera and just trigger the shot(s) from the miniEngine.
Yes, if your camera will expose the way you want to... Some cameras only have a pathetic +- 0.7 (mine!) bracketing, which is not really useful for HDR.

advanced time lapse HDR exposures, and time based ramping of exposure cannot be handled without either custom firmware or an advanced intervalometer. Or manually, like this guy did.

https://vimeo.com/34861653