Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arduino Pro Mini and DRV8825
Finally I built my second miniE system (at least the electronics). It is based on a DIY pcb (sized 80x76mm) that takes in an Arduino Pro Mini, a DRV8825 board and all the other necessary components along with a socket for the above mounted LCD-Keypad shield. All cheapy components purchased on ebay. The system works like a charm. Here is the web page for my project (sorry it's in italian but the images should be enough to understand ...). The idea is to use this little system on a Skater-dolly, still to be built. Comments and suggestions are welcome. Regards.
Gigi
Nicely done! I like your self etched PCB with the "silk screen" Wink

/Airic
(12-16-2014, 11:13 PM)Airic Lenz Wrote: Nicely done! I like your self etched PCB with the "silk screen" Wink

/Airic

Thanks Airic! Just a question, when the system is waiting for the next motor cycle after the completion of the previous cycle, is the stepper powered? My concern is that if the stepper motor is not powered and the skater-dolly is in a way up, it hasn't an holding torque sufficient to hold its position on a slope.
G
(12-16-2014, 11:25 PM)gigi62 Wrote: Thanks Airic! Just a question, when the system is waiting for the next motor cycle after the completion of the previous cycle, is the stepper powered? My concern is that if the stepper motor is not powered and the skater-dolly is in a way up, it hasn't an holding torque sufficient to hold its position on a slope.
G

There is a setting for that which is called "Motor Sleep". Turn this one off and the motor will stay powered.

Cheers
Dear friend, this is a very good idea!
bitpim alternative