Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First experience... and suggestions
Great tool, I had already a lot of fun using the Miniengine 1.
I have several questions :
I am not interested in the programming part, could it be possible to clear this code part to make space for 4 fonctions I would find more usefull :
1- a basic bulb ramping fonction where you would set to progressivly change your shutter speed of x stops in y cycles starting after z cycles
2 - a motor speed ramping where, if you set a speed of x steps per cycle and you set a maximum of y steps, you could set to progressively increase the speed at the beginning from 0 to x steps in z cycles and decrease the speed at the ending from x to 0 steps in z cycles. (I was a little confuse when I first use the miniengine because I thaught that the ramping fonction in the menu was what I explained, when, in fact it's a ramping of each cycle of the motor, which is very efficient)
3- if you set a maximum steps of x steps and a maximum cycles that include "static" cycles (more than your maximum steps) the camera still shoot each cycle (which doesn't seem to be the case now) and the motor stays "awake" to keep in place your camera if you use your slider in a non horizontal movement.
4- a "Hold" fonction that stop the cycles but keep the motor awake to keep in place your camera if you use your slider in a non horizontal movement.

One more time : thank you and congratulation for this great tool !
(12-12-2014, 12:56 AM)24images Wrote: Great tool, I had already a lot of fun using the Miniengine 1.

Thanks, I am glad to hear that you like it!

Quote:I am not interested in the programming part [...]

Unfortunately I have not the time to continue developing the version 1. All these function are already or will later be implemented in the newer software that v2 uses. I am fully dedicated to the development of v2 (and v3) as my time is limited and I would otherwise not be able to do any reasonable progress.

I hope you'll still find some great use in the v1!

Cheers,
Airic