Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limit switch trigger error
Exclamation 
Hi!

Just ordered a miniE PCB V1.3 from Airic and finally got to testing the setup.

The problem is that the system reports that a limit switch has been triggered, but I don't have any connected!

If I disable the limit switches in the menu everything works fine.

I have two cables soldered together to the +5V and one each to LS1 and LS2. The resistors i installed are 18kOhm.

Any thoughts about this? I really want this function to work. Did i solder something wrongHuh

Best regards,
Conny
I did some more testing today and found out that if i connect the two green wires (LS1 and LS2) together everything works, the limit switches also. But as soon as they are disconnected the limit switch action is triggered. Cannot figure out why, but I will add an extra cable between the limit switches. Dodgy
(10-04-2014, 11:01 PM)zyrren Wrote: I did some more testing today and found out that if i connect the two green wires (LS1 and LS2) together everything works, the limit switches also. But as soon as they are disconnected the limit switch action is triggered. Cannot figure out why, but I will add an extra cable between the limit switches. Dodgy

Hello,

I reckon the problem is due to long wires and thus they are kinda working as antennas. please make the wires as short as possible and place them as far away from any motor wires as possible. This should help a bit. If you still are getting intermittent trigger events, try adding a capacitor close tho the controller and between the 5V and the signal wires. In the worst case you'd need to use some kind of shielded wire.

'Hope that helps!
Airic