Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Problems with the limit switch
Yes I finally managed to solve all the problems. The Big Easy driver wasn't working because there was a loose connection on the BED Board.

For the Limit switch I now use a shielded three wired cable and it works realy good. I don't even need to connect the ground to the shield it also works if I connect it to one core of the cable. I think the problem was the motor wires and the limit switch wires in just one big cable.

Now I'm going to do some test shots and then I will present my slider in the show your track section.

So thank you very much for your help Airic, you did a great job and hopefully I don't have to get on your nerves again with my questions Angel
(08-13-2014, 09:57 AM)Wire14 Wrote: So thank you very much for your help Airic, you did a great job and hopefully I don't have to get on your nerves again with my questions Angel

Great to heat that it is working now and I am looking forward to your slider!
Have fun!

Airic
Hello!

Airic, I have only one question about the limit switches.
Is there any difference how it response in program between the both limit switches?
Would be OK if I use only one switch, for both limit positions?
As I have testing the miniE, the response is pretty much the same if I hit only one switch, no matter in which direction it is moving.

Am little short on wires,.. am gonna use the DVI-D (graphical) cable,.. it has four separated shielded pairs, which am going to use for driving the two motors,
the rest five wires am going to use for camera shutter, focus and limit positions. All should go just over one cable. Am hoping the cross-section will be sufficient enough.

Thank you for your reply and the effort you put in here,.... the controller is just simply the best!!!
Simon
(11-19-2015, 05:46 PM)symon Wrote: Is there any difference how it response in program between the both limit switches?
Would be OK if I use only one switch, for both limit positions?
As I have testing the miniE, the response is pretty much the same if I hit only one switch, no matter in which direction it is moving.

Hello, no - both limit switches just trigger the same action. The motor will move back a predefines distance (reverse of the original move direction). so you should be able to use just one limit switch. Smile

(11-19-2015, 05:46 PM)symon Wrote: Am little short on wires,.. am gonna use the DVI-D (graphical) cable,.. it has four separated shielded pairs, which am going to use for driving the two motors,
the rest five wires am going to use for camera shutter, focus and limit positions. All should go just over one cable. Am hoping the cross-section will be sufficient enough.

Sounds good!
/Airic
We rid with the noise of stepper motor puting a small 47 Ohm condenser on the board where the endstops are soldered, each one. With this metod you can use any kind of cable to reach the motors and the limit switches as well.

The delay done by the condenser (buffer) was enough to get the limit pullup and the limit reach (a sort of some miliseconds after trigger).

;-)