Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case for the miniEngine 1.x
Question 
Did anyone create a design or a 3d print schematic for a case that houses the miniE 1.x? I plan on doing that for mine that I just picked back up. Wanted to save some time if anybody had a working model.
Thanks!
(07-21-2014, 10:10 AM)kirkmeyers Wrote: Did anyone create a design or a 3d print schematic for a case that houses the miniE 1.x? I plan on doing that for mine that I just picked back up. Wanted to save some time if anybody had a working model.
Thanks!

Unfortunately I don't know any.
Airic
(07-21-2014, 10:10 AM)kirkmeyers Wrote: Did anyone create a design or a 3d print schematic for a case that houses the miniE 1.x? I plan on doing that for mine that I just picked back up. Wanted to save some time if anybody had a working model.
Thanks!

I found this one few month ago but impossible to download or buy it. The author also doesn't respond to my mail...

link
(09-28-2014, 02:42 PM)khabes Wrote:
Thanks!

I found this one few month ago but impossible to download or buy it. The author also doesn't respond to my mail...

link

Awesome, hopefully he posts the file!!!
I am working on that... I found a website with a CAD file for the Display....
But i'm working at the moment at the CNC mill files for the V2 case Wink
After i finish that i will work on the V1
Sascha
I am using this case: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:315348
What about durability of those 3D printed items? I have never had a chance to see one.
My enclosure for the miniE V1 has also been finished. I gonna adopt that for my slider i inventing.
Next steps will be laser branding and maybe hart coating or anodizing.

(10-24-2014, 08:09 PM)TokTok Wrote: What about durability of those 3D printed items? I have never had a chance to see one.
My enclosure for the miniE V1 has also been finished. I gonna adopt that for my slider i inventing.
Next steps will be laser branding and maybe hart coating or anodizing.

Sweet enclosure - I love machined aluminium!
Airic
Finaly my enclosure is done. Maybe it get some laser print.
Here final version. Next the miniV2 or even V3 if Airic release this.

Big Grin