Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuous Mode Stepper Speed
You can simply bypass this problem by:
SMS mode
max. shots 2 (shot move shoot stop)
99999 steps (or the amount of steps of your raillenght)
max speed (or speed you like to go)

It works, you can go fastest from one end to other.
It is only annoying to change the steps from 99999 to something like 146 or so to do timelapse then.

But it works for me and some other people i gave that advise.
So the problem can be solved by adding a program which saves steps.

Thanks for the tip TokTok. Sorry - I should have mentioned that I'm using a lead screw. You can imagine how long it takes to go from one end to the other…

I'm a total novice Arduino user - despite having one int the drawer for a bout 5 years! I'll dig into the code and see if I can find a way to do what I want. Basically - a menu that you choose left or right and it keeps moving as long as you keep your finger on the select button. How difficult can it be Tongue
(03-05-2015, 02:07 PM)big_shug Wrote: Thanks for the tip TokTok.  Sorry - I should have mentioned that I'm using a lead screw.  You can imagine how long it takes to go from one end to the other…

I'm a total novice Arduino user - despite having one int the drawer for a bout 5 years!  I'll dig into the code and see if I can find a way to do what I want.  Basically - a menu that you choose left or right and it keeps moving as long as you keep your finger on the select button.  How difficult can it be  Tongue

Good luck! If needed, just remove the "program code" for timed starts. Otherwise you will find it hard to add any code. Drop me a line if you have questions!
Airic
Thanks for that. I'll likely forget all about it until I reset everything accidentally with the camera at the wrong end! Big Grin