Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCD Problem
Hello Airic,

I bought your shield and assembly. I ordered the TFT screen in itead studio. Unfortunately, like many people here, I too have a problem with my screen (see all pictures). Before asking for help, I traveled throughout the forum and tested all of the proposed solution.

- Display is in 16 bit mode
- miniEngine shield is fully plug
- I checked and retouch all solder point.
- I checked program (#define DISPLAY_TYPE        TFT01_24_16)
- I measured the voltages (see pictures 3)

I think I made the rounds of all the solutions, and I have not solved my problem. Huh

Picture 1 : When miniEngine boot, the screen is white instead of being black
Picture 2 : on picture 2, when I change the setting mode (GEN, CAM, MOT, DCH, TRG), all is ok, but when cursor leave TRG (DCL in french), there is a line above and below that are displayed. Have you a solution ?
Picture 3 : all measures which can cause failure.

Have you any other idea ?

I must press reset every time I turn on the miniEngine. Any idea too ?

But above all, congratulations for your work ... Angel

Best regards

Stephane

PS :
- I realized the french language. When I have solved my problem and checked my translations, I would share my contribution.
- I also changed the direction of the rotary. Turn CW sent down the lines and increase values. Turn CCW upped the lines and decrease values.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i measured the voltage like you did, got the same values
I have a total white screen though
I open a ticket. I must have a new one. I'll be back to share my result.
I received the new screen, and it works well. So, problem solve. Now, my new problem is with te step motor. Motot are tested, and work well.
Calibration in the miniE is good, connections correct, but motor don't turn. When I try the Jog Motor, motor is power on, and axe is break, but don't turn when I try to jog with the miniE.

Eloma33
Same Problem Motor Power On and axe break But Don't Turn.How Can i solution.
I test my Big Easy Driver 1.2 (Chinese copy). One of the two, don't work. And the other don't work very well. Sometime works, sometime don't work. I ordered new one to another provider. I expect to receive.
I'll be back... lol

Airic, I made a French translation of miniEngine V2, are you interested ?
To solve the white screen problem at turn on, I had soldered electrolytic capacitor between reset button pins on DUE board. The problem is on DUE, it is some initialization problem at power-up. The cap was 10uF.
It works for me,... still happens some time but it is much better.

Have a nice day
Simon
(04-10-2016, 05:22 PM)eloma33 Wrote: Hello Airic,

I bought your shield and assembly. I ordered the TFT screen in itead studio. Unfortunately, like many people here, I too have a problem with my screen (see all pictures). Before asking for help, I traveled throughout the forum and tested all of the proposed solution.

- Display is in 16 bit mode
- miniEngine shield is fully plug
- I checked and retouch all solder point.
- I checked program (#define DISPLAY_TYPE        TFT01_24_16)
- I measured the voltages (see pictures 3)

I think I made the rounds of all the solutions, and I have not solved my problem. Huh

Picture 1 : When miniEngine boot, the screen is white instead of being black
Picture 2 : on picture 2, when I change the setting mode (GEN, CAM, MOT, DCH, TRG), all is ok, but when cursor leave TRG (DCL in french), there is a line above and below that are displayed. Have you a solution ?
Picture 3 : all measures which can cause failure.

Have you any other idea ?

I must press reset every time I turn on the miniEngine. Any idea too ?

But above all, congratulations for your work ... Angel

Best regards

Stephane

PS :
- I realized the french language. When I have solved my problem and checked my translations, I would share my contribution.
- I also changed the direction of the rotary. Turn CW sent down the lines and increase values. Turn CCW upped the lines and decrease values.

Hi Airic,

My new display work well, but there is always a problem on the setting mode with the TRG (DCL in french) with a line above and below the name. Other person have the same think ?

Have a good day.

Stéphane
Hello Stéphane,

When you have this problem only by ‘French’ then its means that your translation is not well.
Check your quotes… or show mE2_language ?

Hope this help
(05-07-2016, 05:06 PM)Christian Wrote: Hello Stéphane,

When you have this problem only by ‘French’ then its means that your translation is not well.
Check your quotes… or show mE2_language ?

Hope this help

Thank for your reply Christian but the same thing happen with the english language.