Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCD Problem
Photo 
Hi Airic ...
I have problem with my LCD, i buy in http://imall.iteadstudio.com/display/im120419004.html .

Is there any solution.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-20-2014, 04:30 PM)eddyhasby2014 Wrote: Hi Airic ...
I have problem with my LCD, i buy in http://imall.iteadstudio.com/display/im120419004.html .

Is there any solution.

Thanks

Hello Eddy,

can you please check / do the following things?
  • Set the display to 16 bit mode
  • Unplug and then replug the display
  • Make sure the miniEngine shield is fully plugged into the Arduino
  • Check all solder points of the display connector as well as the connections to the Arduino (possibly resolder them)

One more question - do you have dead areas on the display or is the picture just moving and distorted (like on a TV with bad reception)?

Airic
Thanks Airic..

Text and picture distorted on LCD.
I check lcd no problem, due Arduino board no problem, maybe there is a problem soldering.
I'll try to check again on the connections and soldering.

Thanks Airic
Hi Airic

I could not find a solution, what happens to the miniE board.
Can you help me ...

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi airic

This is my second Minie v2, I try to turn on the power, but it looks white on the LCD screen. Can not enter directly into the menu Minie.

I have to press reset on the Arduino board, why this happens. Why can not directly to the program menu?

Thanks

Hi Airic

This is my assembly. Successful and problematic.

Thanks

Hello Eddy,

what happens if you swap the displays? Does if the "new" display is also distorted then the problem is somewhere on the board. If it is always the same display that is distorted then the display is simply broken and you need to order a new one.

Can you please also remove the solder-flux from the boards (e.g. with isopropanol alcohol) and post some new high res photos? I spotted some possible problems but am not sure if it is simply the solder-residue or faulty soldering. It is also a good idea to clean the PCB after soldering because the solder flux could have become conductive in your case as you "baked" it at such high temperatures that it turned caramel and up to black (a sign of carbon). This can also have destroyed some components or even the PCB due to very high solder temperatures during soldering. Check this link if you want to know more: http://www.eevblog.com/forum/suggestions/myth-busting-solder-flux-cleaning-with-isopropanol-alcohol/

I have an idea what the reset-issue could be. Maybe it is you power supply which is too slow to ramp up to the needed voltage so that the "Arduino boot" is somehow disrupted. What kind of power source are you using?

Airic
Hello Airic

Thank you for helping me.
I have to clean the dirt flux at the board, there is a foot solder is not connecting, and now it is back to normal.

But there is still one I confused the issue. Why when I provide DC power to the Minie board, LCD monitor screen looks white. I have to press the "reset" in the Arduino board to be able to go to the mini-Engine 2.0 beta 5, why is it always so?

There are video examples.

Maybe you can help this problem. thank you
(05-25-2014, 06:25 PM)eddyhasby2014 Wrote: But there is still one I confused the issue. Why when I provide DC power to the Minie board, LCD monitor screen looks white. I have to press the "reset" in the Arduino board to be able to go to the mini-Engine 2.0 beta 5, why is it always so?

Good to hear that the flicker-issue was solved!

Regarding the reset-problem I wrote this:

I have an idea what the reset-issue could be. Maybe it is you power supply which is too slow to ramp up to the needed voltage so that the "Arduino boot" is somehow disrupted. What kind of power source are you using?

Cheers,
Airic
A friendly "hello" to you, Airic and to all the other forum members!

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your amazing work, Airic!
Since I also have some issues with the display, I thought it would fit better in this 'LCD Problem' thread (not in the general problem thread).

I got the same display as eddyhasby2014:
http://www.exp-tech.de/Displays/Arduino-2-4--TFT-LCD-Touch-Shield.html
and.. (almost) the same issues.

The Arduino board starts normally and nothing catches fire Wink
The display is distorted, there are no dead pixels, because in the menu I can scroll up and down and the distorted area changes. The menu works properly, as far as I can tell. When I touched (not turned) the rotary knob, the display changed. Well, since that's not what's supposed to happen, I started troubleshooting.

- I checked all the solder joints, resoldered some of them (especially the ones at the rotary knob - no flux anymore when touching the knob!)
- resetting the arduino board
- unplugging and replugging the display (+ checking the pins and the solder joints)

At this point, I have the distorted display and the two buttons don't seem to work. I can't tell 'cause of the display.

Here is a photo of the display:
(07-21-2014, 11:13 AM)Kamel Wrote: A friendly "hello" to you, Airic and to all the other forum members!

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your amazing work, Airic!
Since I also have some issues with the display, I thought it would fit better in this 'LCD Problem' thread (not in the general problem thread).

I got the same display as eddyhasby2014:
http://www.exp-tech.de/Displays/Arduino-2-4--TFT-LCD-Touch-Shield.html
and.. (almost) the same issues.

The Arduino board starts normally and nothing catches fire Wink
The display is distorted, there are no dead pixels, because in the menu I can scroll up and down and the distorted area changes. The menu works properly, as far as I can tell. When I touched (not turned) the rotary knob, the display changed. Well, since that's not what's supposed to happen, I started troubleshooting.

- I checked all the solder joints, resoldered some of them (especially the ones at the rotary knob - no flux anymore when touching the knob!)
- resetting the arduino board
- unplugging and replugging the display (+ checking the pins and the solder joints)

At this point, I have the distorted display and the two buttons don't seem to work. I can't tell 'cause of the display.

Here is a photo of the display:

Hi Kamel
My experience then is that there is too much flux in the soldering.

I clean all residual solder on the board using liquid IPA (iso-propanol alcohol/ Isopropyl alcohol ) with a small brush.

Airic probably can help you more ..

Regards,
Ed