Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery Choice with MiniE v2
I just read the MiniE v2 power supply should be between 7-15V and up to 4amps. I have a 12VDC 7.0Ah battery. Will this amperage be ok?

EDIT: Well, I think I answered my own question... 7 Amp Hours should be more than enough if the circuit will draw up to 4 Amps. Am I thinking this correctly?
(03-01-2014, 07:41 AM)rgunnells Wrote: I just read the MiniE v2 power supply should be between 7-15V and up to 4amps. I have a 12VDC 7.0Ah battery. Will this amperage be ok?

EDIT: Well, I think I answered my own question... 7 Amp Hours should be more than enough if the circuit will draw up to 4 Amps. Am I thinking this correctly?

The specification of the battery means that the battery voltage must be somewhere 7V and 15V at any times (and thus in every charge state) and also be able to provide 4A constantly.

7Ah just described the battery-capacity and thus how much energy is stored in the battery. This is not the value describing how big the max current is that can be taken from it (how fast it can be discharged). 7Ah (Amps per hour) means that the battery has enough energy stored to (theoretically) provide 7A for one hour or 1A for seven hours (and anything in between and beyond that - I hope you get the point how this is working).

The discharge rate is given as C-Rate. A C-rate is a measure of the rate at which a battery is discharged relative to its maximum capacity. A 1C rate means that the discharge current will discharge the entire battery in 1 hour. For a battery with a capacity of 7Ah, this equates to a discharge current of 7 Amps. A 5C rate for this battery would be 35 Amps, and a C/2 rate would be 3.5 Amps.

I hope that helps,
Airic
Hello! Has anyone tried to use this kind of battery solution in miniengine v2. Is it even possible? thx.

http://usb.brando.com/portable-multi-purpose-solar-power-bank-12-000mah-_p02835c035d15.html
Hey!

One thing is that on 16V you have only 2775mAh left.
Solar power by my opinion is useless, because it provide only 2.5W at 16V,.. its around 0.15A,... it even will not hold up your MiniE.

I haven't run it outside,.. have just run some test's,.. have use 8x AA battery eneloop pro which holds up to 2450mA, wired in series to get 12V. I use them also for my speedlite.
I have using only one motor at the time,..
the angle was over 45°, and with motor powered all the time, interval was 1.3sec / 900frames
the battery status went from 91% to 81%.

motor specs ... http://www.omc-stepperonline.com/gear-ratio-51-planetary-gearbox-with-nema-14-stepper-motor-14hs130804spg5-p-136.html

I hope this was in any help for you=)
simon