Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
miniEngine 2 problems
(02-23-2014, 10:43 PM)arian Wrote: My SD card doesn't work, I'll buy an original LCD, but meanwhile I wish to modify the code for save some parameters like: Motor Calibration.
Can you help me to find where is the "100st/cm" default variable on the code? To modify it.
Take the opportunity to congratulate for this project. ;-)
Thanks.

You could simply add this to the end of the function "setup()" in the file "miniEngine2.ino" to initially set the calibration for both motors:

Code:
motors[0].setCalibration(111.11);  // Motor 1
motors[1].setCalibration(222.22);  // Motor 2

Just replace the values with the ones you need.

Airic
Wow..my first post!
Airic I'm having a small issue that i don't seem to be able to remedy during my testing phase, on the bench with two motors the system every now and again appears to freeze/lock up before reaching the end of its cycle & gives no errors on screen or warnings that I'm aware of. Maybe its me and I'm missing something? As i intend on using a lead screw, resolution is set to half step and 2000 st/cm, motors are running cool as cucumber (not overheating) and the system generally runs flawlessly..just every now and then it wobbles. Have attached a couple if images of the screen & back and also have the file off the SD card, hope you can help?

Best regards
Darrell

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.cnf   MINIE 01.CNF (Size: 103 bytes / Downloads: 6)
Hi Airic, I'm using the original display but my SD card doesn't seems to work either, no setting been save and nothing get written on the card, everything else seems to be working tho, do you have any idea where the problem might be?

Many thanks,
Ray
Hello Darrell,

welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the configuration files. I'll try to replicate the error you had. If I succeed, I'll try to fix the cause with the next release.
There is one thing you can check though - Do you have some Stop-triggers enabled and left the pins floating? This might be the problem.

Cheers,
Airic
(02-26-2014, 03:27 PM)hotsoup_zero Wrote: Hi Airic, I'm using the original display but my SD card doesn't seems to work either, no setting been save and nothing get written on the card, everything else seems to be working tho, do you have any idea where the problem might be?

Many thanks,
Ray

Hello Ray,

there are some things that you can do / check:
  1. Can you please post a picture of your shield (without the display)?
  2. Can you please also make sure that the shield is fully plugged into the Arduino? It might just be that the SPI header has no contact.
  3. Did you insert a SD card that is formated with the FAT 16 or FAT 32 format?
  4. Is the SD card in a functioning condition?
  5. Is the SD card's lock switch at the "unlocked" position?
Cheers,
Airic
(02-26-2014, 04:36 PM)Airic Lenz Wrote:
(02-26-2014, 03:27 PM)hotsoup_zero Wrote: Hi Airic, I'm using the original display but my SD card doesn't seems to work either, no setting been save and nothing get written on the card, everything else seems to be working tho, do you have any idea where the problem might be?

Many thanks,
Ray

Hello Ray,

there are some things that you can do / check:
  1. Can you please post a picture of your shield (without the display)?
  2. Can you please also make sure that the shield is fully plugged into the Arduino? It might just be that the SPI header has no contact.
  3. Did you insert a SD card that is formated with the FAT 16 or FAT 32 format?
  4. Is the SD card in a functioning condition?
  5. Is the SD card's lock switch at the "unlocked" position?
Cheers,
Airic

Hi Airic,

Here's a picture of the shield, I have done my best to check the shield and display are fully plugged in, have try 2 different SD cards format with FAT16, both cards are functioning with my camera and computer, and are in "unlocked" position.
Can you let me know which pins the arduino use for the SD cards? I can check again and maybe re-solder them in case some cold joint. Thank you so much for your help Smile

Cheers,
Ray

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:Hi Airic,

Here's a picture of the shield, I have done my best to check the shield and display are fully plugged in, have try 2 different SD cards format with FAT16, both cards are functioning with my camera and computer, and are in "unlocked" position.
Can you let me know which pins the arduino use for the SD cards? I can check again and maybe re-solder them in case some cold joint. Thank you so much for your help Smile

Cheers,
Ray

Ok, I can see the problem right away - you soldered the SPI header (the small socket in the middle that has 2x3 contacts) onto the wrong side of the board. It needs to be soldered to the bottom side so that it makes contact with the Arduino's SPI header. This is described in the assembly documentation as well.

Good luck removing it and re-soldering it to the other side!

Cheers,
Airic
(02-26-2014, 05:51 PM)Airic Lenz Wrote:
Quote:Hi Airic,

Cheers,
Ray

Ok, I can see the problem right away - you soldered the SPI header (the small socket in the middle that has 2x3 contacts) onto the wrong side of the board. It needs to be soldered to the bottom side so that it makes contact with the Arduino's SPI header. This is described in the assembly documentation as well.

Good luck removing it and re-soldering it to the other side!

Cheers,
Airic

I much have miss that in the assembly documentation, will remove it and re-solder that to the other side, thanks again Airic Smile

Cheers,
Ray
(02-26-2014, 04:21 PM)Airic Lenz Wrote: Hello Darrell,

welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the configuration files. I'll try to replicate the error you had. If I succeed, I'll try to fix the cause with the next release.
There is one thing you can check though - Do you have some Stop-triggers enabled and left the pins floating? This might be the problem.

Cheers,
Airic

Airic thanks for your swift reply, your commitment to this project is awesome!
I do however have a confession, my knowledge of stop triggers and floating pins is perhaps beyond my scope of understanding..I'm on a bit of a learning curve here, could you or perhaps another forum member please help explain and elaborate some more? How would I disable a trigger? And how do I un float a pin? Am I on the right track in thinking this may involve resistors?

Many thanks
Darrell
(02-27-2014, 01:14 AM)oobikinoobi Wrote: ...could you or perhaps another forum member please help explain and elaborate some more? How would I disable a trigger? And how do I un float a pin? Am I on the right track in thinking this may involve resistors?

Hello Darrell,

The (input) triggers can be disabled in the menu TRG. The limit-switches though cannot be disabled at the moment. I guess I need to add some functionality for doing this. They (the limit-switches) are pulled-high internally though and should not be a problem because they are in a defined state and if you don't connect anything (no long wired) they should stay in that state.

In general one could pull an input pin high (3.3V) or low (GND) with a resistor (20k should work fine) to have it in a non-floating state. It does not matter if they are pulled high or low as both are fine for just having them stable.

Cheers,
Airic