Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Beginner guide needed
Thumbs Up 
Hi all! I am new to this scene. I have now assembled my setup.
Arduino uno+MiniE with easydriver+Dfrobot lcd shield+motor.
Next i need a software but I don't have a clue how to do it.
Can someone help me how to get started Smile
Thank you!
(02-25-2013, 04:00 PM)buranax Wrote: Hi all! I am new to this scene. I have now assembled my setup.
Thank you!

Hello, if I understood right, then your system is already running because you mentioned that you fully assembled your setup. So what do you mean with with "Next i need a software"?

Did you try to read the documentation? It contains a step-by-step guide for setting up the software and for uploading it to the Arduino.

Airic
(02-25-2013, 05:31 PM)airiclenz Wrote:
(02-25-2013, 04:00 PM)buranax Wrote: Hi all! I am new to this scene. I have now assembled my setup.
Thank you!

Hello, if I understood right, then your system is already running because you mentioned that you fully assembled your setup. So what do you mean with with "Next i need a software"?

Did you try to read the documentation? It contains a step-by-step guide for setting up the software and for uploading it to the Arduino.

Airic

Hi! Thanks for replying. I am not sure if i get it right. Doc says:

"Open the project by double clicking on any [*.ino] file in the project (all needed files will be loaded automatically then). For uploading the software to your Arduino board, connect your Arduino board (for details about connecting the Arduino, please check the Arduino website and the Arduino documentation) to your computer. Now press the upload button"

I only get loads of errors when i randomly double-click some of .ino files and try to upload it. It also says when i double-click some of the .ino files that "The file "mE_program.ino" needs to be inside a sketch folder named "mE_program". Create this folder, move the file, and continue?"
Please open the file "miniE.ino". It will work then.

I will update the documentation so that it reflects this new Arduino SDK behaviour.

Airic
(02-25-2013, 06:43 PM)airiclenz Wrote: Please open the file "miniE.ino". It will work then.

I will update the documentation so that it reflects this new Arduino SDK behaviour.

Airic

Aah thank you! It uploaded now Smile

Edit: Anyone know why the display has only backlight on but nothing more? Display will shut of after waiting for a few seconds, and turns back on when any button pressed.

Edit2 Big Grin Lcd potentiometer was set too bright. Everything works now! Smile