Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move to Home/End
I love the move to home feature but is it me or does it reset every time you power cycle the minie? Is there a way to have it set in the settings? If so adding move to end would be a great addition.

I have been attempting to edit the code to add "Move to home" and "move to End" by just having the motor move either CW or CCW till it reaches a limit switch and stops. Seems like a good idea and it wouldn't have to remember steps, just move a direction till it trips at the end. I'm slowly learning the code but if someone else has done this or could help me out that would be great as I think most users would like to have this feature. A quick way to get the dolly to either side of the slider without having to go into setting, etc.
(02-23-2013, 08:24 PM)shelbym Wrote: ...I'm slowly learning the code but if someone else has done this or could help me out that would be great as I think most users would like to have this feature.

I am happy to hear that you want to contribute to the software! Can you please let me know where you have problems? I think that this functionality can be implemented quite easy.

Airic
(02-25-2013, 03:21 PM)Airic Lenz Wrote:
(02-23-2013, 08:24 PM)shelbym Wrote: ...I'm slowly learning the code but if someone else has done this or could help me out that would be great as I think most users would like to have this feature.

I am happy to hear that you want to contribute to the software! Can you please let me know where you have problems? I think that this functionality can be implemented quite easy.

Airic

Was thinking adding an option to move CW or CCW at a constant quick speed like the move to home feature but with one click from the home menu then have limit switches stop it. I find it a great idea to get the dolly from one side or another quick without getting into sub menus or changing features.
(03-13-2013, 07:24 PM)shelbym Wrote: Was thinking adding an option to move CW or CCW at a constant quick speed like the move to home feature but with one click from the home menu then have limit switches stop it. I find it a great idea to get the dolly from one side or another quick without getting into sub menus or changing features.

Great! Drop me a line if you have a question or want to publish the code as a new version!
Cheers, Airic
Hello! I'm sorry, that is not the topic! I really like your forum! Thank you, I'm with you)