Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
show your track(s)!
Nice Rig.
(03-17-2016, 02:02 PM)Wire14 Wrote: Hi rockisland,

nice job. Your slider looks really solid. Would you mind to share some information and maybe a part list for the panning function? Especially the connection between the panning unit and the tripod head?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,
I'm glad you like it. I created a little information and drawings about panning unit connection.
Hope this helps.

Part list;

- 3/8”x 2 ½ Hex bolt

- F10-18M (Inner Dia:10mm, Outer Dia: 18mm, Thickness: 5,5mm) Axial Thrust Ball Bearing
- Mounting plate (Aluminium – 4mm)
- KFL000 10mm Bore Flange Pillow Block Bearing with 2 set screws
- 60T GT2 Timing Pulley with 2 set screws (10mm Bore)
- Washer for use with 3/8” bolt
- 3/8” Hex Nut
- 20T GT2 Timing Pulley (5mm Bore)
- 228T GT2 Timing Belt Loop Closed
- 4x Spacer for using between aluminium plate and slider (I can’t find this part, but I have used two nuts instead of one spacer.)

And the drawings;

Cheers,

Okan
Hi Okan,

thats quite impressing! Thank you very much for the information and the pictures. I have just one last question. What is the high from your slider where the panning is fixed to the bottom of the tripodhead (meaning without the higt of the tripodhead). Because I built a panning unit by myself but I think mine is a little bit to high and if I have a vertical movement on the slider the panning unit is shaking especially at short intervalls the time is not enough till the panning unit is still again.

Cheers,

Chris

BTW: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see one difficulty in your construction. If you have a move on your slider that is not completely horizontolly (e.g. if you have a little slope, from down left to up right) and you want to combine this with a pan the camera is not turning horizontally. I hope you understand what I would like to tell you Huh . I cannot find the right words to descripte the rotation the camera is doing if the panning-function is where it is Wink
(03-18-2016, 02:16 AM)Wire14 Wrote: Hi Okan,

thats quite impressing! Thank you very much for the information and the pictures. I have just one last question. What is the high from your slider where the panning is fixed to the bottom of the tripodhead (meaning without the higt of the tripodhead). Because I built a panning unit by myself but I think mine is a little bit to high and if I have a vertical movement on the slider the panning unit is shaking especially at short intervalls the time is not enough till the panning unit is still again.

Cheers,

Chris

BTW: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see one difficulty in your construction. If you have a move on your slider that is not completely horizontolly (e.g. if you have a little slope, from down left to up right) and you want to combine this with a pan the camera is not turning horizontally. I hope you understand what I would like to tell you Huh . I cannot find the right words to descripte the rotation the camera is doing if the panning-function is where it is Wink

Hi again Chris,
Sorry for the delayed answer.
Here is the dimensions,

What kind of shaking of the panning unit, I don't understand?

But you're completely right for other issues. I understood what do you mean.
I thought this problem before.

So, I plan to use the panning function only on horizontal moves. Therefore, I made adjustable feet to ensure that parallel to the horizon.
In other cases, if there is a slope, for the second stepper that uses the panning function are "keep powered on" option is enabled in the miniEngine softwares menu and the stepper motor does not rotate. That's my opinion.

Sorry for my english is too bad, google translate do not help enough.   Undecided
I hope to explain correctly.

Maybe I can make a short video to see what happens while slider is running.

See you soon,

Cheers,
Okan
(03-17-2016, 03:32 PM)The_Muffin_Man Wrote: Nice Rig.

Thank you so much The_Muffin_Man.
(03-19-2016, 07:25 PM)rockisland Wrote: What kind of shaking of the panning unit, I don't understand?

I mean my panning unit is to high so if the slider starts to run the whole thing is shaking because the cam is to high over the slider. This is why I think about building you panning unit because mine is approximatly 10cm higher Big Grin

Thank you very much for the dimensions.

If you find the time it would be great to sea a video with the slider in action Wink

Cheers, Chris
Could somebody recommend a system ( DIY or otherwise ) for a reasonably easy extendable slider ? My slider is almost two meters in length and it's impossible to travel ( flying ) with it. I tried some hard cover ski case but during the inspection ( almost two hours, I nearly lost my flight ) the security raised alarm about it not being actually ski equipment ! LOL
There is a German Youtube video on the subject. He uses a threaded pin ( custom made perhaps ) to connect two igus rails together and he enforces the joined rails with a latch. I couldn't find anything suitable ( the pin and the latch ). Please share your experience on the subject of extendable sliders.