Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
show your track(s)!
My slider is completly sels invited and machined.
My goal was a slider that has pan, sms mode, continues mode.
For quick setup of the image at start and end i designed a clutch so i dont have to move all the
way by motor.

this is my second slider, the first one was to big. this one is perfect for my needs.

(09-08-2014, 05:10 PM)TokTok Wrote: My slider is completly sels invited and machined.
My goal was a slider that has pan, sms mode, continues mode.
For quick setup of the image at start and end i designed a clutch so i dont have to move all the
way by motor.

this is my second slider, the first one was to big. this one is perfect for my needs.

Cool! How heavy is it? I mean it it hiking-compatible?
Well, at moment thats not.
The rails are out of stainless steel, i want it more durable.

The one i am designing at moment ist out of EN AW 5083, its light and has more stiffness than typical aluminium.
It will also be black anodised as the final version of all my sliders. Then it will be hiking comaptible.

Maybe you can help me about the controller. Is there a version to buy that is allready assembled. So i can designd an enclosure and
adapt it to my slider.

Hi everybody,

now I also want to present my finished slider, after I finally managed it to take some pictures Smile

I`ve builded a wooden case for the miniE on my own, I know it's not the best, especially the accuracy, but it works quite good.

For my slider I used two aluminium profiles each 60cm long, because it's way easier to transport it that way. The profiles are connected with each other with an metal plate and it's no problem for the carriage to cross the connection between the two profiles.

Kind regards Chris
Great Job Chris, do you see any Vibration due to sticking the rails. Maybe not at timelapse but in video? Did you stick them with usual item connector?

Hi TokTok,

I haven't tried to film, but I don't think that that there are vibrations. Should there be some vibrations its possible to move the connection between the rail and the tripods from the end of the rail to the middle, or near the middle and than there should be absolutly no vibration.

To connect the both rails I used a normal metal plate from the hardwarestore and I have a srew in the head of each real to get a better connection. If you want I can take some detailed pictures of the connection.

Kind regards Chris
This is my slider and tilt/pan head solution:

Slider: MakerSlide slider kit

DIY tilt/pan head: Idea taken from here for tilt. I didn't make pan like this though. Same head is used for pan with 90 degree turn piece.

Battery: Anker 2nd Gen Astro Pro2 20000mAh You can output 5 V, 9 V and 12 V from this battery. I'm using 9 V because then I can also power my cameras with the same external battery. I get about 7 hours of timelapse shooting with powering Olympus E-PM2, slider and tilt/pan head from it. If I power camera with another external battery, I'll get about 11 hours of shooting. There is enough room for two Anker batteries in the box.

Motors: these

The plastic box is almost water proof. I have shutter cords for both Panasonic and Olympus cameras plugged in all the time and also a power cord for a camera. Battery couplers for both of my cameras and the 90 degree turn piece for panning are in the box. The ball head is Manfrotto 494RC2.
I share video miniE with box acrylyc on my site (indonesian version) http://www.eddyhasby.com/2014/10/merakit-motor-kontroler-slider.html and you tube,
trims
ed

That's really awesome Eddy
(10-14-2014, 10:22 PM)radix Wrote: This is my slider and tilt/pan head solution:

Slider: MakerSlide slider kit

DIY tilt/pan head: Idea taken from here for tilt. I didn't make pan like this though. Same head is used for pan with 90 degree turn piece.

Battery: Anker 2nd Gen Astro Pro2 20000mAh You can output 5 V, 9 V and 12 V from this battery. I'm using 9 V because then I can also power my cameras with the same external battery. I get about 7 hours of timelapse shooting with powering Olympus E-PM2, slider and tilt/pan head from it. If I power camera with another external battery, I'll get about 11 hours of shooting. There is enough room for two Anker batteries in the box.

Motors: these

The plastic box is almost water proof. I have shutter cords for both Panasonic and Olympus cameras plugged in all the time and also a power cord for a camera. Battery couplers for both of my cameras and the 90 degree turn piece for panning are in the box. The ball head is Manfrotto 494RC2.

I like what you have made out of your possibilities.
Good skills in making things work. I gonna present my work in near future.