Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stepper doesn't have torque
Hi..

I tried to build miniE, its working perfect with the controller...I powered the stepper motor with 12v 2000mA adaptor through easy driver.
The problem is my engine can't move my 5D when i put on the slider (Igus) , the stepper have no torque.
Help please....

Thx.
(03-17-2013, 10:27 PM)wwwdotcoms Wrote: The problem is my engine can't move my 5D when i put on the slider (Igus) , the stepper have no torque.

Hello, first of all - did you trim the potentiometer on the EasyDriver to the "max" setting (there are some versions out there which have a wrong print. On these the "min" setting is actually the "max" setting - keep this in mind)?

The other thing is that your driving mechanics plays a big role in this game. The Igus sliders have a pretty tight fit on their rails and you need a lot of initial power to start moving them. when you then - on top of that - have a driving system which is not taking this into account you might get problems - especially with heavy loads. So from just "it is not working" it is quite hard to help - out of some generic tips ans shots into the dark. Can you post some pictures of your system?

Cheers Airic
Hi,

Thx for your answer..I did trim the potentiometer. I use 12v stepper motor 2A. I attach the photo, i hope
you can give me another solution.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-18-2013, 11:20 PM)wwwdotcoms Wrote: I use 12v stepper motor 2A.

Hello,

The pictures are a bit blurry but the drive looks good from what I can see.

The EasyDriver on the other hand can only provide up to 0.75A of power to the motor. Because I don't know your motor (out of the fact that it is rated for 2A), this is just a guess but maybe it is under powered and thus not working in the "comfort zone" which usually get the most out of the delivered power. Try using a bigger motor driver or a motor that is rated closer to 0.75A.

Cheers,
Airic
Hi,

Big Grin Sorry for the blurry picture, I took it with cell phone camera.
I attach you my stepper motor picture ( sorry again cause itu blurry).

The code on the stepper motor is YH57BYGH56-401A 1,8, 2.8 A (i guess)
2N.
If its about the power distribution from the driver, what kind of driver that match with the motor, can i use Arduino motor drive shield-L298N ,Arduino Motor Shield 2A or Big easy drive ( No one sell big easy driver in Indonesia...even the distributor).

Thx.
You could buy a beefier stepper driver somewhere else if it is not available at your location Wink

Airic
(03-20-2013, 12:19 AM)Airic Lenz Wrote: You could buy a beefier stepper driver somewhere else if it is not available at your location Wink

Airic

What other drivers would you recommend?
(03-22-2013, 02:45 PM)Soffer Wrote: What other drivers would you recommend?

I never used other (off the shelf) drivers that the EasyDriver. Anyways - thus the system is developed for the EasyDriver, a "Big EasyDriver" should solve your problem. I would go fo the bigger brother. This way possible incompatibilities can be minimized...

Airic
(03-24-2013, 10:45 PM)Airic Lenz Wrote:
(03-22-2013, 02:45 PM)Soffer Wrote: What other drivers would you recommend?

I never used other (off the shelf) drivers that the EasyDriver. Anyways - thus the system is developed for the EasyDriver, a "Big EasyDriver" should solve your problem. I would go fo the bigger brother. This way possible incompatibilities can be minimized...

Airic

Hi, you could use A4988 based driver it can be load with 2.5A with attached cooler !
Hi all,

I had the same problem, so I did a gearbox for my engine. It's a universal planetary gearbox (4:1) for a NEMA 17 stepper

Here,

http://shpws.me/nE9O

(In videos you can see how it works with miniEngine Smile)

Greetings,
Anderl