Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vertical dolly movements
Hi again. Setup works now perfectly. But is there a way to take vertical timelapses. because now the motor has not any "pull" or "brakes" which causes bully to drop down again. Do uyou have any fix for that problem?
(03-07-2013, 01:50 PM)buranax Wrote: Hi again. Setup works now perfectly. But is there a way to take vertical timelapses. because now the motor has not any "pull" or "brakes" which causes bully to drop down again. Do uyou have any fix for that problem?
If I understand your query correctly, what you actually need is one of these. It transmits the motor's power in a way that enables it to carry the camera vertically.

I would have ordered from them but the shipping costs are steep. If you find another seller please let us know Rolleyes
(03-08-2013, 09:53 AM)Soffer Wrote:
(03-07-2013, 01:50 PM)buranax Wrote: ...But is there a way to take vertical timelapses? because now the motor has not any "pull" or "brakes"...

If I understand your query correctly, what you actually need is one of these. It transmits the motor's power in a way that enables it to carry the camera vertically...

Hello buranax,

the worm drive solution proposed by soffer is one of the most reliable ones that I can think of. Such a system creates much more torque on the one hand and is pretty "roll-back" safe on the other hand - even during a power-loss-event or software problem.

In case you don't want to bye an industry level solution, you can also improvise one with a long threaded rod as the main axis going over the full travel distance of your track. You could connect this rod to your motor and rotate it. A fitting screw nut, running on this rod and fixed to the dolly, would then solve your problem. In the end it would look similar to this:

[Image: linear-module-with-ball-screw-drive-9042-2480551.jpg]

Another solution would be to add a functionality to the software which allows one to enable / disable the motor-sleep functionality manually so that it can be kept off even after the run is done. I'll add it to the TO-DO list for the next version. In the current miniEngine there is no such functionality.

Airic
I have a stepper motor types 2 Amp for silder dolly with miniE, I trying to setup 'disable' the motor-sleep program .. it can lift the camera vertically ...
(03-13-2013, 11:16 PM)eddyhasby Wrote: I have a stepper motor types 2 Amp for silder dolly with miniE, I trying to setup 'disable' the motor-sleep program .. it can lift the camera vertically ...

yes i've done it too...with a phidget "geared" motor 1:5
...works fine
Hi, I happened to see the topic. This is what I was looking for
green dot customer service