miniEngine forum
Compile Issue - Printable Version

+- miniEngine forum (http://forum.airiclenz.com)
+-- Forum: miniEngine (http://forum.airiclenz.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: miniEngine 2.x (http://forum.airiclenz.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Compile Issue (/showthread.php?tid=6881)

Compile Issue - 10pound - 11-26-2015

Hello, I am getting the following error when trying to compile the latest version of miniEngine 2 from GitHub on the Arduino IDE ver 1.6.6 (Win7 OS)

Code:
mE2_sd:189: error: stray '\302' in program

} else {

^

mE2_sd:189: error: stray '\240' in program

exit status 1
stray '\302' in program

Any suggestions?

10Pound

RE: Compile Issue - Airic Lenz - 11-28-2015

(11-26-2015, 10:31 AM)10pound Wrote: Hello, I am getting the following error when trying to compile the latest version of miniEngine 2 from GitHub on the Arduino IDE ver 1.6.6 (Win7 OS)

Code:

} else {

^

exit status 1
stray '\302' in program

Any suggestions?

10Pound

Take the charakter (Â) away.

RE: Compile Issue - alfas - 12-20-2015

(11-28-2015, 04:37 PM)Airic Lenz Wrote: Take the charakter (Â) away.

I 've had this exact error too. (EDIT: solved for me now, look at the end of the post for solution)
When I first tried to compile, thi error appeared but I could not see this character. Then I clicked Tools -> Fix Encoding and Reload.
Then the strange character appeared on line 189. I deleted this character, saved the file, tried to compile again, but the same error appeared again. And the loop goes on. The strange characther does not exist when I try to open the .ino file on notepad.

[Image: YlSX4Ge.jpg]

The log error says:

Code:
Arduino: 1.6.7 (Windows XP), Placa:"Arduino Due (Programming Port)"

In file included from C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Meus documentos\Arduino\libraries\UTFT/UTFT.h:139:0,

from D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\miniEngine2.ino:35:

C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Meus documentos\Arduino\libraries\UTFT/HW_ARM_defines.h:14:0: warning: "pgm_read_word" redefined [enabled by default]

#define pgm_read_word(data) *data

^

In file included from C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Configurações locais\Dados de aplicativos\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.6\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:31:0,

from sketch\miniEngine2.ino.cpp:1:

C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Configurações locais\Dados de aplicativos\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.6\cores\arduino/avr/pgmspace.h:57:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define pgm_read_word(addr) (*(const unsigned short *)(addr))

^

In file included from C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Meus documentos\Arduino\libraries\UTFT/UTFT.h:139:0,

from D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\miniEngine2.ino:35:

C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Meus documentos\Arduino\libraries\UTFT/HW_ARM_defines.h:15:0: warning: "pgm_read_byte" redefined [enabled by default]

#define pgm_read_byte(data) *data

^

In file included from C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Configurações locais\Dados de aplicativos\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.6\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:31:0,

from sketch\miniEngine2.ino.cpp:1:

C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Configurações locais\Dados de aplicativos\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.6\cores\arduino/avr/pgmspace.h:56:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define pgm_read_byte(addr) (*(const unsigned char *)(addr))

^

} else {

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\miniEngine2.ino:240:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_cam.ino:56:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_cam.ino:78:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_cam.ino:78:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_trigger.ino:50:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_trigger.ino:69:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_trigger.ino:69:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_trigger.ino:90:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:67:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:85:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:85:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:124:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:188:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:188:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:320:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uipaint.ino: In function 'void uipaint_message()':

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uipaint.ino:516:32: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

tft.print("i", 18, ystart + 8);

^

exit status 1
stray '\302' in program

Este relatório deveria ter mais informações
 "Mostrar saída verbosa durante a compilação"
 habilitado em Arquivo > Preferências.

EDIT: Looks like the reason of this error is Arduino software version. I was using v1.6.7. I unninstalled it, and installed version 1.5.8 Beta. No problems appeared anymore, it compiled and uploaded ok with this older version.

RE: Compile Issue - next714 - 01-13-2017

Hello! Very interesting topic, thank you raised it
USPS Customer Service hours

RE: Compile Issue - Desy187 - 11-23-2017

Very well written information. Keep up the good work. Thanks.
green dot customer service