miniEngine forum

Full Version: Compile Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am getting the following error when trying to compile the latest version of miniEngine 2 from GitHub on the Arduino IDE ver 1.6.6 (Win7 OS)

Code:
mE2_sd:189: error: stray '\302' in program

} else {

^

mE2_sd:189: error: stray '\240' in program

exit status 1
stray '\302' in program

Any suggestions?

10Pound
(11-26-2015, 10:31 AM)10pound Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I am getting the following error when trying to compile the latest version of miniEngine 2 from GitHub on the Arduino IDE ver 1.6.6 (Win7 OS)

Code:

} else {

^

exit status 1
stray '\302' in program

Any suggestions?

10Pound

Take the charakter (Â) away.
(11-28-2015, 04:37 PM)Airic Lenz Wrote: [ -> ]Take the charakter (Â) away.

I 've had this exact error too. (EDIT: solved for me now, look at the end of the post for solution)
When I first tried to compile, thi error appeared but I could not see this character. Then I clicked Tools -> Fix Encoding and Reload.
Then the strange character appeared on line 189. I deleted this character, saved the file, tried to compile again, but the same error appeared again. And the loop goes on. The strange characther does not exist when I try to open the .ino file on notepad.

[Image: YlSX4Ge.jpg]

The log error says:

Code:
Arduino: 1.6.7 (Windows XP), Placa:"Arduino Due (Programming Port)"

In file included from C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Meus documentos\Arduino\libraries\UTFT/UTFT.h:139:0,

from D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\miniEngine2.ino:35:

C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Meus documentos\Arduino\libraries\UTFT/HW_ARM_defines.h:14:0: warning: "pgm_read_word" redefined [enabled by default]

#define pgm_read_word(data) *data

^

In file included from C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Configurações locais\Dados de aplicativos\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.6\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:31:0,

from sketch\miniEngine2.ino.cpp:1:

C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Configurações locais\Dados de aplicativos\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.6\cores\arduino/avr/pgmspace.h:57:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define pgm_read_word(addr) (*(const unsigned short *)(addr))

^

In file included from C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Meus documentos\Arduino\libraries\UTFT/UTFT.h:139:0,

from D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\miniEngine2.ino:35:

C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Meus documentos\Arduino\libraries\UTFT/HW_ARM_defines.h:15:0: warning: "pgm_read_byte" redefined [enabled by default]

#define pgm_read_byte(data) *data

^

In file included from C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Configurações locais\Dados de aplicativos\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.6\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:31:0,

from sketch\miniEngine2.ino.cpp:1:

C:\Documents and Settings\Rafa\Configurações locais\Dados de aplicativos\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.6\cores\arduino/avr/pgmspace.h:56:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define pgm_read_byte(addr) (*(const unsigned char *)(addr))

^

} else {

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\miniEngine2.ino:240:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_cam.ino:56:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_cam.ino:78:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_cam.ino:78:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_trigger.ino:50:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_trigger.ino:69:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_trigger.ino:69:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_trigger.ino:90:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:67:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:85:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:85:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:124:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:188:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:188:1: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uicore.ino:320:1: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration [enabled by default]

};

^

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uipaint.ino: In function 'void uipaint_message()':

D:\miniEngine2-master\Software\miniEngine2\mE2_uipaint.ino:516:32: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

tft.print("i", 18, ystart + 8);

^

exit status 1
stray '\302' in program

Este relatório deveria ter mais informações
 "Mostrar saída verbosa durante a compilação"
 habilitado em Arquivo > Preferências.

EDIT: Looks like the reason of this error is Arduino software version. I was using v1.6.7. I unninstalled it, and installed version 1.5.8 Beta. No problems appeared anymore, it compiled and uploaded ok with this older version.
Hello! Very interesting topic, thank you raised it
USPS Customer Service hours
Very well written information. Keep up the good work. Thanks.
green dot customer service