miniEngine forum

Full Version: Timelapse program setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
First let me congratulation to Airic. His miniEngin is fantastic tools. I am new to timelaps so be patient with me please since i do have some questions. I do try to figure out how to add all the numbers correctly so there is no conflict. Always when i do something wrong i will get exclamation mark next to the interval number.
I do understand the frame per second and the playback time which give me total of pictures. Little confuse about the Recording time. If i do understand correctly with the recording time i can control how often the camera will take a picture. Longer time = longer interval and vice versa. So i do have couple question if anybody can help me to fully understand the program.

- For example. If i start with the default setting. In Airic default setting the Recording time is 15 min. How did he come up with that number and how do you know what will be the minimum or maximum time with out of the guessing?

- Will be all the delay (camera,motor, exposure) include in total Recording time?

- How about the Total distance? Can i select any distance up to my total length or is there any formula ( my slider is 80 cm total)?

Thank you for any help.

-
(06-15-2014, 09:52 AM)diego21 Wrote: [ -> ]- For example. If i start with the default setting. In Airic default setting the Recording time is 15 min. How did he come up with that number and how do you know what will be the minimum or maximum time with out of the guessing?

I figured that 15 minutes is a good recording time for a time-lapse. You can chose any value you want. If you want to make 300 pictures and have an interval of 5 seconds then just dial your record time to 25 min (300 picture * 5 sec = 25 min).

The exclamation mark will just pop up if all your actions during one interval took longer than the defined interval (camera exposure, camera post delay, motor move time, motor post delay). An example:

You defined a move with an interval of 5 seconds. The camera exposure is 1 sec and the camera & the motor post delay are both 500ms each.
So the motor has 3 seconds to move (5 seconds interval - 1 second exposure - 0.5 sec cam post - 0.5 sec motor post).

If your motor ramp time is very long (a motor setting) or the move distance per interval is too big for the motor to be done in 3 sec, then the exclamation mark will pop up.

There is also a bug in the current v2 beta 5 release that causes the warning to show up from the very first interval. Please enable "Start home" to avoid this. I am working on the fix.

(06-15-2014, 09:52 AM)diego21 Wrote: [ -> ]- Will be all the delay (camera,motor, exposure) include in total Recording time?

Yes - kind of. They will be included in each interval as described above.

(06-15-2014, 09:52 AM)diego21 Wrote: [ -> ]- How about the Total distance? Can i select any distance up to my total length or is there any formula ( my slider is 80 cm total)?

Sure, you can select any distance you want if your motor is calibrated correctly (that is described in the documentation).

Cheers,
Airic